RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is it legal to sell spice in California?

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, if you require additional information, press "REPLY" and I will be happy to assist you further.

No it's not. Senate Bill 420, which made it illegal to possess, or sell, any synthetic marijuana substitutes, was made law on October 2, 2011, and went into effect on January 1, 2012.

*****************************************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR" SERVICE. As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code and pay me as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case.

Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Awesome Service!! Thanks!!

The people who were dumb enough to put a sign up on their shop saying they have the lowest prices on spice are going to get busted!!!!

Yea, that's pretty dumb, lol! People have died using these synthetics, too, and I'm pretty sure the federal government has pulled many of the ingredients off the market for further testing. I wouldn't go advertising that I was selling it. Glad I could help. Will close this question now.