JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

if i got permission from POA to post my feelings about a particular

Customer Question

if i got permission from POA to post my feelings about a particular resident on face book. Is that violatiing hippa
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of the circumstances you've described. The facts that you've described are not necessarily a violation of HIPAA. However, it may be a violation of the employer's policy about what employees can post/express on social media regarding work.

When you are dealing with your union, you will want to to ask them for a copy of the employer's policy on that.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

if it is a violation of employer policy then your saying that even though this person is no longer living i cant express any type of feeling even though her information about her was already public knowledge

That would be correct. The details of your employer's policy re: social media is very important to read and understand.