Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

my fiance is on felony probation. I am also a felon but have

Customer Question

my fiance is on felony probation. I am also a felon but have already completed probation. we have never had a case together and are crimes are not similar. we plan to marry, have children. we have asked for permission for him to be around me. I have volunteered to take ua's, come to appointments, anything to make them happy. the probation officers will not grant our request. do they have the right to interfere with a healthy relationship for no reason? once we're married can he still be violated?
if your po has known you since you were a child and is basing his opinions of your potential today on his opinion of you as a youth what can you do? iis there anyway to work with a different po? especially if your po is the supervisor and oversees all other po's in that office? so much is left to there discretion... how do you prove harassment or that you're getting violated for things no one else is and serving 3x as much time on ptrp's than the rest of the probationees?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

Unfortunately, The PO's have a lot of power. And, if you two marry, he can be violated.

Customer:

If you were married before he was convicted and placed on probation, that would be different.

Customer:

I suggest you will need to wait until his sentence is complete.

Customer:
Customer :

so after were married he's fine? he could only be violated for meeting me beforehand, is that correct? so if I married him while he was incarcerated its all good?

Customer :

and the second part of the questionb .... how can he get away from this guy.. .he says he's been lost cause since he was twelve, he shouldn't even have that info. he's followed bus,lied,planted evidence. he's asking for all of his time(4yrs) on his 2nd ptrp w only technical violations. the average is ninety days

Customer :

and what is the case law that says he can't be violated after were married?

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

If you were married before the conviction, then they cannot prohibit. If you married while he was incarcerated, that would be debatable. If you marry him now, he can be violated

Customer:

I cannot provide you caselaw as that is construed as giving legal advice and I am only here to provide clear, true and correct information

Customer:

If you are not happy with the PO then go to his supervisor and request another PO

Customer:

All records, even juvenile records, are available to POs, law enforcement, judges and prosecutors

Customer:

Customer :

he is the suprevisor. he was also his middle school security guard and tries his best to keep shaun in jail. he was fired from that job for looking up a twelve yr old girls skirt, shaun is one of the few who knows.we live together and our trying to start a family. if we married at the courthouse wouldn't our both being there fall under the building's exemption? ie. court, aa, sober living homes, tx centers etc. where felons are allowed to gather wo getting in trouble?

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Iknow there is a supreme court case that was one because probation is overstepping there bounds by interfering with a healthy relationship, which seems applicable here and I believe any other po would work with us, let me do ua's let us prove ourselves.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I am not familiar with the case law. Nor can I provide it for you.