Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have multiple years experience prosecuting and defending clients.
22589080

Is watching beastiality porn on home computer illegal?

is watching beastiality porn on home computer..not downloading it illeagle in Arizona..same question to watching bdsm and fetish porn at home

Hello! I can help you with this question.

I can represent to you that it is not illegal to watch the genre of pornography of bdsm and fetish porn. It is also not illegal if you download bdsm and fetish porn. The actual act of beastiality is the crime, not the watching of it on the computer. Also, that goes the same for downloading beastiality in the state of Arizona.

The only types of pornography that are crimes in the United States, are pornography's that involve children. This type of pornography is highly illegal to produce, download, or watch. It is subject to criminal prosecution and any applicable fines and probation, along with usually some kind of registration. However, the answer to your question is that no it is not illegal to watch Beastiality, BDSM, or fetish porn in the state of Arizona.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
Thank you...and you are certain of this....what if it on the 'extreme' side

meigs004 :
Are there any children involved? Give me a chance to research a little deeper.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
Heavens no. I would never watch that..,makes me sick...I am talking about the heavier corporal punishment (concentual models) kinky things. I am pretty sure the obscenity law only applies if you plan on lending, giving or selling it

meigs004 :
Yeah my research is providing me now with a bill that was recently passed.

Ok, the bill that was signed was only the act of beastiality, not the watching of the act over the internet.

Right, none of the listed genres you have provided are illegal in Arizona

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
so just to make sure that i am understanding the sequence of answers... the heavy corporal punishment...kinky things are ok to watch and download as long as no children under 15 right

meigs004 :
No children period. Under the age of 18. But yes you are understanding right

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
Thanks so much for this help...my son has been watching it and told me he was ok,,,so I am making sure. Couple of more clarifications. Can one legally search for beastiality and punishment videos?

meigs004 :
Yes. The only thing that is illegal that you have asked about is beastiality. However, it is only the actual physical act that is illegal not the watching of it on the internet.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
if a site claims no child porn is user to trust that and be ok with it

meigs004 :
That would be a judgment call, but if it is represented that way then I would assume.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
What about stories fiction that might involve underage...no images

meigs004 :
No that would not be. Its the images, and the production of the film. Not ficitional stories.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
So reading fictional stories that might have underage sex popping up is not illeagle...thanks...lastly...say one is on a tube site and sees a suspicious tube that might be underage...but does not access that tube and just accesses legal tubes is that OK

meigs004 :
That would also be a judgment call, but yes I would assume that would be as well.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
One more question. Is it illegal to belong to a bdsm site.... and is what is looked at tracked by any law enforcement....a site that has a lot of heave punishment etc

meigs004 :
It is not illegal to belong to a bdsm is not illegal, neither the heave punishment. This is merely a fetish pornography.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
I understand, but you are fairly sure about this right....If I look at a beast video, I don't want the cops knocking on my door.

meigs004 :
I am fairly sure, but as stated, laws change, and this advice is not to be taken over the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
I do understand that your answer does not over rule attorney here...but you have taken a load off my mind

meigs004 :
I researched the issues on the legal database here and could not find bdsm and beastiality pornography offenses. Just the actual act of beastiality. To reiterate...From my research and experience, these genre's of porn are not illegal, just the actual act of beastiality. I am certainly glad I could help.

JACUSTOMER-wrsky56m- :
thanks!!!