How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3111
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

locked- CH-td

Customer Question

My cousin is in jail because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He ran from the police and they beat him up. The reason he ran was because he didn't do anything. They also put false charges on him for evading arrest. He is also on probation in Texas. He went to court twice while in jail and someone said he got 25 years. His next court date is Friday. Can they give him such a high number when they didn't find anything on him. Can you help me?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. JustAnswer experts do not act as personal attorneys. Please clarify: what information are you seeking from JustAnswer?