Meigs
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have multiple years experience prosecuting and defending clients.
22589080

my ex boyfriend fallsly accused me of harresement inoder to

Customer Question

my ex boyfriend fallsly accused me of harresement inoder to save his face with his wife. he called the police to issue a warrent for my arrest for falls harrasement. the police closed the case but i was accused wrong for someone protecting himself and i was investigated by the police. how \do i get justice
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 2 years ago.

meigs004 :

Hello! I can definitely assist you with this issue.

meigs004 :

Allow me to post my standard blurb about accepting answers here on JA.

meigs004 :

If at anytime you feel that I have adequately provided you with an answer to your question, then if you would please click the accept button so that I may be compensated for my work that would be very much appreciated. Also, bonuses are optional, and are certainly not required, but very much appreciated. Remember, clicking the accept button does not prevent you from asking further questions on this post, and will not preclude me from continuing to answer your questions and provide you with research. There is no Attorney-Client relationship created by our communications and the advice and information that I provide is merely for informational purposes. The advice that I provide is not to be taken over the advice of a competent attorney within your jurisdiction.

meigs004 :

Were you ever arrested or tried for the crime of harrasment?

Customer :

no thecalled me and asked for my name and date of birth and told me he wanted them to arrest me and i had to show document to the police , i had a realtioship so i had to defend myself and they called me and asked for my driver license and said my case was closed. i dont want this guy to get away with this

meigs004 :

You could file a criminal warrant against him for obstruction of governmental operations.

meigs004 :

However, it would be very hard to prove.

meigs004 :

You could also file a civil suit against him, you would need to consult an attorney for that matter.

meigs004 :

The problem with your case might be that criminal charges were never pressed, and the case was closed.

Customer :

well the police told me they know he was lying so that is prove, i didnot sleep nor ate, i work for a big company and i dont want any record.

meigs004 :

Right. I would consult an attorney in your jurisdiction about filing a lawsuit against him for intentional infliction of emotional distress for the grief and pain he caused you. This is one of many potential claims, but an attorney in your area would be able to advise you of what civil remedies are available there in Virginia.

meigs004 :

If you feel that I have adequately answered your question if you would please press the accept button so that I may be compensated that would be great. I will not be compensated unless you do.

meigs004 :

Is there anything else I may assist you with tonight?

meigs004 :

If not would you please click the accept button so that I may be compensated for my work. Otherwise I will not be paid for the time I expended on your question.