Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

What is the statue of limitations in the State of Texas on

What is the statue of limitations in the State of Texas on a felony charge? It has been 2 years since the arrest.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 years ago.

In order to assist you I will need to know what the charge is. In other words, what is the alleged crime? Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Possession of a control substance

The statute of limitations for the charge you have identified is 3 years. That merely means that the State must file formal charges within 3 years of the alleged crime, not necessarily that you go to trial that soon. If you have not been formally charged, then it appears that the State may only have 1 more year to do so.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.