Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I was granted participation in the PA ARD program for DUI in

I was granted participation in the PA ARD program for DUI in 2003. To the best of my knowledge, my record was expunged. I was just asked to identify if I had been accepted into any ARD program on a job application. Do I have to answer "yes" to this question?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

Although this is considered a dismissal and an expungment, sometimes these do have to be disclosed. Government agencies are always able to see your entire record regardless of whether it was expunged. If your job application is for a government employer, the better policy would be to disclose the offense with a note that it was dismissed and expunged. Although the expungement gives you the legal right to say "no," if they can see it anyway, then it may look like a cover-up. That is something that might disturb them more than a 9 year old DUI.