Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My boyfriend was just placed on community control 2 weeks ago.

Customer Question

My boyfriend was just placed on community control 2 weeks ago. He is to check in every week on Tuesdays at 11:10 am. He just checked in yesterday, saw his officer for about 1 minute to hand him paperwork, and then left. This morning his officer called and told him to come in tomorrow (Thurs) at 10 am. What could this possibly be about? If he has some technical violation that he did not know about, would he call to arrest him, or would he come out to the house? I am so worried what this could be about. Please help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I am sure there is nothing to worry about. If his PO did not chat with him at all yesterday, this would just be a formality to go over all the regulations and to ensure he fully understands what is required of him.

He also may be required to give a random urine sample. So he needs to be aware of that.

But at this time, you have no concerns.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. He is fine to give a random urine sample, he does not do any drugs, so this is not a concern of his. We already sat down for about an hour with his officer last Tuesday to go over what is expected of him etc, so I do not see any of this being an issue. If there was a technical violation would his officer have him come into the office and arrest him on spot?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

No. If there is a technical violation, the PO would only go over it with him. IF there was a new crime, then a warrant will be issued. But even at that, the PO would say, we have a warrant, you can turn yourself in or do it the hard way. They don't play games like that.