How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Meigs Your Own Question
Meigs, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1346
Experience:  I have multiple years experience prosecuting and defending clients.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Meigs is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested in 1993 for auto theft. My court lawer told

Customer Question

I was arrested in 1993 for auto theft. My court lawer told me if i plead guilty i would only be charged with a class c misdemeanorn, unauthorized use of a motor vehical. Here 20 years later i find that in 1994 texas law defined a class c misdemeanor as a state jail felony. The wording felony information shows up on my background search. This reclassification after the fact has limited my ability to secure several job opportunities. Do i have any legal recourse to have this changed or has enough time lapsed to have the case expunged?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 5 years ago.

meigs004 : Hello! I can definitely assist you with this question
meigs004 : I will wait for you to return to the chat so that we may speak more efficiently