Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Can I get in trouble for texting a 15 year old girl when I

Can I get in trouble for texting a 15 year old girl when I am 21?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

What would be the content of your text messages to this 15 year old girl?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I said that I loved her. But I live in a different state. I'm 21 and she is 15. I was always kind and polite.
Was there anything sexually explicit in your text messages?

Have you had any type of sexual relationship with this 15 year old girl?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No we are not dating. Sex was never mentioned or anything even remotely related. Just alot of affectionate sayings. Like hun and sweetie. For about a month. When we both realized that we were too far apart in age difference to be together right now. I have never been in the same state as this girl. She is in California and I am in Colorado
Based on the facts you have stated, there is nothing illegal that took place, however if there are any criminal allegations that are brought up against you, I would strongly suggest that you do not discuss or talk to anyone about this matter, unless and until you had a chance to consult with a local criminal defense attorney and to have this attorney present during any questioning.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So as long as nothing sexual was mentioned nothing is illegal?
Correct. Adult is allowed to be friends or even to love a minor, as long as there is no attempt is made to entice the minor into some type of a sexual act.