Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband has beaten me a number of times, the last time being

Customer Question

My husband has beaten me a number of times, the last time being last week. When I went to the hospital, the staff immediately called the police. (Edmond, OK). A policeman spoke with my husband and thus far, no charges have been filed. I want to press both criminal and civil charges. He has a high profile job and I want monetary compensation. The pictures of me the hospital took speak volumes about the brutality I have endured. In other words, I"m more interested in my husband compensating me than prosecuting him criminally.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer! I'm T-USA and I'll be happy to provide some valuable information!

I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

I would like to make sure that I know what information you want so that I can ensure that my response addresses the issues you're wondering about.

What exactly do you want to know?

Thank you!