Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

what if u were caught but already out of the store and somebody

what if u were caught but already out of the store and somebody approach you and said can i tlk to you for a moment and bring u bak into the store and search you bag
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.

What is your specific question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i want to kno what is the consequence u afto face.....because they call the cops on me and i was taken down the the station and i afto bond myself out for $200....my attorney told me to bring a fine of $300
In order to assist you I will need to know the value of what you were alleged to have taken or tried to take. Also, are you saying you were charged with theft?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i take 7 bottle of perfume 1 washcloth...so all those things come up $335
Thank you for that information. Since that would be consider Petty Larceny, which is a Class A Misdemeanor, the possible maximum punishment would be up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1000. What your attorney is telling you though is no doubt accurate. What I mean by that is that the court will rarely hand down a maximum punishment and for theft will often match the fine to the value of the items taken. If this is the first time you have been charged with something like this, then $300 fine and perhaps probation, is the maximum you will likely get.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have court the 6th of this month and the attorney told me to only bring a fine but am so worried cause am pregnant I'll be havin baby the end of this month and i dont kno if am gonna pay the fine and then do a year in jail....am so stupid i really dont kno what i was thinkin
You really do not need to worry. As your attorney is telling you, who is the person you should be trusting by the way, and I have told you, unless you have a long criminal record you will not spend any time in jail. These cases routinely just end up being a fine. Please don't make you and your baby sick over this. If your attorney is saying you will only be fined, then you need to trust them. This is what they do everyday.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont have any criminal record....and thank you very much Smile
Good, you're welcome and best of luck to you and your baby.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you hope you had a happy new year
You too and please don't forget to click on the Accept button so that JustAnswer will transfer your payment to me for my efforts.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney with 28 yrs. exp. in criminal law