Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

If I am pleading guilty for embezzlement and grand theft should

If I am pleading guilty for embezzlement and grand theft should I get a lawyer or go with a public defender, if I have little to no money?

If you cannot afford an attorney and you qualify based on your income and assists, a public defender is qualified and competent to assist you in your criminal defense. You say you are pleading guilty, but before you do so you most definitely want to consult with a criminal defense attorney and have them represent you in an effort to gain a plea agreement prior to your plea. If you do not feel comfortable with your public defender, then your only other choice would be to hire your own attorney.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.