Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

i rhave a traffic ticket i received in decemberl 11th. i was instructed to contact the co

Customer Question

i rhave a traffic ticket i received in decemberl 11th. i was instructed to contact the court --the document i have is severely faded and i am unable to make most of it out...the issuing no. is 3D750D4BSP-- how do i handle this matter now....can it be done by e-mail
david o'brien ([email protected]) phone XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
If you are looking to pay by mail and have lost or cannot read your ticket, you need to go to http://www.nycourts.gov/Ithaca/CITY/webpageResolveTrafficTicket.html and you would need to download a plea form and you can look on there for the list of courts for the area where you were to obtain the address as well as the fee and fine schedule.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you did not tell me a thing that was really helpful i could have phoned the court house and a clerk could have told me that information...i wanted to know the time limits that might be involved in receiving and dealing with such a ticket and if there would be any additional late penalties or such things as this...i do not feel that i received any help that is worth paying for...thank you for your lack of effort...david obrien
But you did not phone the clerk of court, you came here and asked and the question you asked was not about fines or penalties, you asked "can it be done by email" and you received an answer to the question you asked. It is up to you to actually articulate a question, not think that others will presume to know what you want. If you wanted to know the time limits and additional fees and penalties you should have actually asked that question and then we would have known what it was that you wanted to know and you would have received that information.

Furthermore, I cannot even tell you the fine because YOU neglected to even tell us the speed you were traveling over the limit according to the officer. Speeding in NY 1-10 miles over the limit is a maximum $150 fine, 11-30 miles over is up to $300 plus up to 15 days in jail, over 30 is up to $600 plus up to 30 days in jail. Each individual court has their own fee schedules for court fees and for mail in payments they have a set schedule based on the court. Additionally, you are looking at points on your license of 3-8 points.

I wish you the best.