Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

what is the statute of limitations in CA for a woman to press

what is the statute of limitations in CA for a woman to press charges against her soon-to-be E husband, for pushing her down (no major injuries, but neck strain)?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 years ago.

Assuming that the person charged does not have a prior criminal assault history, this would be charged as a misdemeanor assault and therefore the statute of limitations would be one year.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.