Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Y did u list pentylone? It is only known as a stimulant. Would

Y did u list pentylone? It is only known as a stimulant. Would there even be this part of the bill if the part you quoted was the parameters of what a canabinoid is? I will pay you a nice tip as soon as I get to the bottom of this.

(33) Any compound structurally derived from
16 3-(1-naphthoyl)indole or 1H-indol-3-yl-
17 (1-naphthyl)methane by substitution at the
18 nitrogen atom of the indole ring by alkyl, haloalkyl,
19 alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or
20 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl whether or not further
21 substituted in the indole ring to any extent, whether
22 or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent;
23 (34) Any compound structurally derived from
24 3-(1-naphthoyl)pyrrole by substitution at the nitrogen
25 atom of the pyrrole ring by alkyl, haloalkyl, alkenyl,
26 cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2-

HB2595 Enrolled - 10 - LRB097 07359 RLC 47468 b

1 (4-morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further
2 substituted in the pyrrole ring to any extent, whether
3 or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent;
4 (35) Any compound structurally derived from
5 1-(1-naphthylmethyl)indene by substitution
6 at the 3-position of the indene ring by alkyl, haloalkyl,
7 alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2-
8 (4-morpholinyl)ethyl whether or not further
9 substituted in the indene ring to any extent, whether
10 or not substituted in the naphthyl ring to any extent;
11 (36) Any compound structurally derived from
12 3-phenylacetylindole by substitution at the
13 nitrogen atom of the indole ring with alkyl, haloalkyl,
14 alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl or 2-
15 (4-morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not further
16 substituted in the indole ring to any extent, whether
17 or not substituted in the phenyl ring to any extent;
18 (37) Any compound structurally derived from
19 2-(3-hydroxycyclohexyl)phenol by substitution
20 at the 5-position of the phenolic ring by alkyl,
21 haloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkylmethyl, cycloalkylethyl
22 or 2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl, whether or not substituted
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
I think we are discussing 2 different acts as there is one that we discussed about the vague synthetic cannabinoids and now we are into the amendments of other bills as well banning the other synthetic type drugs. IL HB 2089 which was part of the legislation passed also discusses stimulants but does not specifically mention this one, so perhaps it was listed in error.

Here are the other acts: HB 3042 and HB 2089

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What I sent you was from HB2595. Can you send me the act that shows what you originally quoted about the naturally occurring or synthetically produced?
See 720 ILCS 550/3 that is the cannabis statute of the drug act.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what you sent is an amendment from 1997. That is not new law. This is where I think you may be misreading something. HB2595 is the new law. The one you just sent has been part of the law since 1997 and did not effect incense sales all along. I need to trace down what HB2595 does to effect the sale of incense in the state of Illinois.
Here is the 2012 law and everything it contains and the language the law uses is "isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers, whenever the existence of such isomers, esters, ethers and salts..." It lists this language for every single substance which covers the substances. I do not see that pentylone is specifically excluded by name, but I also am not a chemist to know if it is an isomer, esther, ether, salt, salt of isomer etc.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok. I will accept your answer, pentylone is not a salt or isomer but a compound made up from salts and isomers ethers ect. The stuff outlined in the new law of these do not effect a lot of compounds. I will have to find another way to track the info down. I guess I will contact a chemist. Thanks.
If it is made up from salts etc, the law does say that would be prohibited, as it contains salts etc. You will need a chemist to define what it is, because if it is then it would be illegal.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it would have to be made from salts of a chemical already listed as illegal. its not. the salts, isomers, ethers of this are its own not one of the listed already as illegal.I am guessing the companies cranking out new legal products may have had a chemist check it out. Thanks.
Thank you.