Thoreau (T-USA)
Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

My wife was sent a complaint and a court date for First Degree

Customer Question

My wife was sent a complaint and a court date for First Degree Criminal Trespass in Colorado.she was taken into the station and questioned by police and told if any thing turned up that she would contacted. She saw the door of a vehicle parked in a parking garage and went over and looked inside to see if anyone was lying down or sick and closed the passenger door. Police said she broke into it. Shes facing felony first degree. What can the do to her if they convict her on this. We dont have an attorney, I work she is unemployed.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thoreau (T-USA) replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer! I'm T-USA and I'll be happy to provide some valuable information!

I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

I would like to make sure that I know what information you want so that I can ensure that my response addresses the issues you're wondering about.

You want to know what the penalties are for a first degree felony in Colorado.
Is this correct?
Is there anything additional that you want to know?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do we attorney at first hearing? and if convicted what sentence?
She would be wise to have an attorney at every court appearance and during every interaction with the state regarding the matter. She should retain an attorney as soon as possible, as the charge is very serious.

First degree criminal trespass, in CO, is a class 5 felony. Penalties include 6 months to 6 years in prison and a fine of $1,000-$100,000

Just let me know if you need any clarification!

I know that this answer may not be entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I rely on your honor to earn my living and I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information. If you don't click accept, I don't get paid anything at all.

If you have a follow-up question, please be sure to ask it using the REPLY feature and I will respond as promptly as possible. In some instances, depending on how long you wait to reply, there may be a delay in my response as I may be taking a necessary break from work.

Thank you again for coming to JustAnswer!