Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

can city police in the state of ms. take a persons drivers

can city police in the state of ms. take a person`s drivers license for a resently expired tag
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney in Mississippi.

No, your license shouldn't be taken or suspended for driving a vehicle with an expired tag. Instead, you should be given a ticket for an expired tag and that's it.

An expired tag isn't a moving violation that warrants the loss or suspension of your license. You shouldn't be allowed to drive the vehicle with the expired tag until it is brought current, but you can still drive any other legal vehicle.