lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney

I am 18. Two weeks ago a friend and I went to a club and had

I am 18. Two weeks ago a friend and I went to a club and had two beers (literally). I was in the passenger seat of the car on the way home, sleeping, when my friend was pulled over. I blew an 8.2. I was incarcerated for the night for public intoxication. I don't want this on my record. Is it worth going to court and getting an attorney to expunge it from my record?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

You can appear on your own at your court date and see if they will accept a deferment where you perform community service, pay a fine and the charges are dropped. If not, then ask for a jury trial and retain an attorney. You are not guilty of public intoxication but you are guilty of underage drinking. good luck
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
The problem is that they could change the charge so you are better off to deal with the PI charge as is.