Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I am charged with 13-2904a1 and 13-2904a2 I got in a verbal

I am charged with 13-2904a1 and 13-2904a2 I got in a verbal argument with my wife. She called the police and called 911 and recorded part of the loud argument. Is that recording enough to convict me? If it goes to trial would they ask my wife to testify? If I get a lawyer should I wait until after the pretrial conference.
What state are you in?

I will be here off and on, we're having computer issues, so it may take a little while to respond, please bear with me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am in Scottsdale arizona
It will almost certainly be admissible and it may be enough to convict you, although there are always issues when you try to convict someone for arguing. They will call your wife to testify for a number of reasons.

Get a lawyer now, no question about it. The only thing you can achieve by waiting is making your case worse.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would be glad to fill out the feedback if you can answer one follow up question. Can she have the charges dropped
She can try, but the ultimate decision remains with the DA.

If there was no physical contact it is very likely an attorney can get this handled early and with something you will be pleased with.