How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25417
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are on probation is not paying your child support a

Resolved Question:

If you are on probation is not paying your child support a violation of probation and if not how much does it have to reach before something is done this is in nj you are court ordered to pay child support.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Unless the payment of child support was a condition to the probation, it should not be a violation. The failure to pay child support is a civil issue. To violate probation, you would need to either pick up a new criminal charge or violate a terms and condition of probation.

CrimDefense and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you