Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

my wife file a restraining order against me in mississippi

my wife file a restraining order against me in mississippi about 7 years ago. we got back together while the restraining order was still in effect. we are still together living in Florida. Is the restraining still in effect. How do i find out? Did I break the law? What happens now? Is there something i should do?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney in Mississippi.

Under Mississippi law, a protective or restraining order is enforceable for up to three years. Thus, it the order is older than this, it should be expired. However, I would recommend that you call the court clerk for the county where the order was entered and ask them to look up your case and make sure the restraining order has expired.