Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I had a dui ticket 9 months ago. I just got a summons to go

I had a dui ticket 9 months ago. I just got a summons to go to court. The summons states that I should check in before court because some cases are dismissed or not prosecuted.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

This usually refers to citations where fines had been paid or some other resolution has occurred in regard to the ticket being issued.

That said, you should certainly check in before the court date as it is possible that something could have happened to your citation. Sometimes, an officer cannot be at the court date and the case will either be continued or dismissed.

Because of the seriousness of the offense, I truly doubt that the case will be dismissed or not prosecuted.