Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

If I was convicted of DUI in the state of ILL 23 years ago

If I was convicted of DUI in the state of ILL 23 years ago and it was put in court supervision,since then I have had no other violations but if I would get another DUI
in MO would they find my first one.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

Under Missouri law, if you get a second DUI within 5 years of of the first, you would be charged with a DUI 2nd. However, if the DUI is older than 5 years, the recent DUI would be considered a DUI 1st.

Thus, in your case, your first DUI would be irrelevant as it is much older than the law allows for consideration. However, the offense would still show up on your criminal history if it was not expunged, but it would not be held against you or enhance your punishment.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would Mo find the first one because it never showed up on my driving record because it was in ILL before the states were all connected.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
It should appear on your background check. Also, the national database should reflect the offense as well, even though it precedes the National Driver Registry.