Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My partner of more than 10 years pleaded no contest for 288(A)

My partner of more than 10 years pleaded no contest for 288(A) back in 1992 and was given a 1 year jail time plus probation in California. He is back in prison serving a 6-year term for probation violation by absconding before his probation was completed in 1995 and failing to register as a sex offender when he moved in with me. He will be released January next year and will be living with me. I understand that we will be subject to searches while he is on probation. What are my rights regarding my own privacy? In addition, will my roommate who is renting one of my rooms be subject to the same search?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

The probation officer will be allowed to search the person, his vehicle, and residence, as well as any other property or area under his control at any given time.

This means that any part of the house that he has access to could be searched if the probation officer has probable cause to suspect there is something in the residence that belongs to him that is in violation of his probation.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And because he is not in control and not allowed to go in my roommates room, is it fair to assume the officer will be in violation and over stepping his boundery should he invade my rommates privacy?
The officer would be allowed to inspect her room IF he can prove that he has reasonable cause or a reasonable suspicion to believe that he may have property in her room.