AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

Is it possible for someone to be on bond, leave that state

Is it possible for someone to be on bond, leave that state and come back to their state of residence untill their court date?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer! I'm T-USA and I'll be happy to provide some valuable information!

That situation depends entirely on the defendant, the court, and the bail bondsman. If either the court or the bail bondsman have restrict the defendant's travel, a defendant may not leave the state. Therefore, a defendant needs to seek permission from both the court and the bondsman to travel out of state. Without such permission, an individual may not leave the state.

Just let me know if you need any clarification!

I know that this answer may not be entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I rely on your honor to earn my living and I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information. If you don't click accept, I don't get paid anything at all.

If you have a follow-up question, please be sure to ask it using the REPLY feature and I will respond as promptly as possible. In some instances, depending on how long you wait to reply, there may be a delay in my response as I may be taking a necessary break from work.

Thank you again for coming to JustAnswer!