Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My 16 year old daughters former dance teacher, who was always

My 16 year old daughter's former dance teacher, who was always combative and a bit paranoid, seems to have become delusional, accusing my daughter (and two other girls, but primarily my daughter) of having a "pact" to destroy her studio, claiming my daughter is defaming her studio (if you knew my daughter, you'd know how silly this is.). This lady is sending horribly degrading e-mails to my daughter's friends' parents, broadcasting emails about my daughter to all the parents of her students asking for information on her; and worst of all . . she must have Googled my daughter and found she is the president of several clubs at school, and is e-mailing her teachers/advisors at high school saying horrible things about my daughter. Bear in mind, NONE of us has had any contact with this woman in 3 1/2 years! My daughter is a strait A+ student, working on college apps, and is so upset she can't concentrate on school. It also seems to be escalating and that is scary. The police have told this lady that if she bothers our daughter again, she will be arrested. If she continues, what are our options? Thank you in advance.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Does this dance teacher also tries to contact your daughter?

Did the other two girls reported this teacher's actions to the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has not contacted my daughter or us directly. Just people in her life (teachers, friends' parents, etc.)

The other girls have not called the police yet, but they are aware that we are. The focus seems to be on our daughter.
If this teacher continues to spread these false negative statements about your daughter, you might want to consider not only pursuing her criminally for harassment/stalking, but also pursuing her civilly for defamation of you daughter's character.

Defamation consists of the following: (1) a defamatory statement;
(2) published to third parties; and
(3) which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.

Basically, it would be a good idea to consult and retain a local attorney who can send a written demand to this teacher to cease and desist contacting your daughter's friends and acquaintances with defamatory statements or to face legal recourse.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor