LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

I live in Cincinnati Ohio, I had a felony drug trafficking

I live in Cincinnati Ohio, I had a felony drug trafficking conviction expunged several years ago and then aproximately 10-12 years ago I was stopped and issued a ticket for drug paraphnelia which I had forgotten about. I want to aplly for a CHL permit and need to know if I qualify to have this paraphnelia ticket expunged, and if I am able to purchase a handgun if unable to have this expunged?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Under Ohio law, only a first time offender is eligible for an expungement. A person with two convictions is not eligible to expunge either of the convictions. The expungement of the first conviction must be completed before the second conviction. Convictions from other jurisdictions will disqualify the expungement applicant as well.

I wish you the best this holiday season.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation, nor was it what I sensed you were hoping to hear. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,