Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

I am a 31 year old female who used to work for a doctors office

I am a 31 year old female who used to work for a doctors office and for over a year I had written fake prescriptions to obtain narcotics for myself. On october 4th, I was admitted into an inpatient rehab facility. I was there for two weeks & came home. I spoke with a delaware police officer a few days after that, who thinks i was providing most of the narcotics to another person, even though i told him I comsumed 75% of them. There has got to be atleast 50 prescriptions that had been written. I am to turn myself in on tuesday of next week. Is there any way out of sitting in jail, since I have gotten off the substances and no longer work for the doctor & have no way of obtaining any more prescriptions. I don't think the doctor pressed any charges, its just the state.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

The court will set bail for you. As long as you can make bail, you will be released from jail pending a trial on charges that are filed against you. If you are asking if you will get jail time if you are convicted, that I can't say since I don't know what the charges would be and I don't all of the facts that the State has. That would be something to discuss with your attorney as your case goes on. However, if this is charged as a felony, then it is fairly likely you will spend at least a little time in jail. Again though something to discuss with your attorney who will have access to all of the facts of your case, the charges that are filed, know the attitude of the local judiciary and juries, and know your background and any mitigating factors that might work on your behalf.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.