D. WINOGO ESQ., Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in all manner of litigation and hearing officer/arbitrator

How do I get a judgement vacated on an identity theft case

How do I get a judgement vacated on an identity theft case where the judgement is in another state and over a year old?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 4 years ago.
If the collection agency sued you in court in the other state without ever serving you with a summons and complaint, then you need to make a motion to vacate the judgment to the court which issued said judgment. In that motion, you need to demonstrate that you were never served with process (the summons and complaint) and therefore had no knowledge of the lawsuit. Then you have to demonstrate that you have a good defense to the claim (the police report).