J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.

hello, my question is i was convicted of 780-113 a31 and 780-113

hello, my question is i was convicted of 780-113 a31 and 780-113 a32 drug poss/drug paraph in P.A. i live in N.Y. Conviction was 7/17/00.was sentenced to fines,costs,and restitution.No trail was needed setteled at preliminary hearing.gulty plea.will this keep me from purchasing a firearm?i am a avid hunter of western N.Y. the reason i ask couse i was denied a recent purchase.
Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Under Pennsylvania law, these are misdemeanors and should not disqualify you from purchasing/possessing a firearm.

This is true, unless you had a prior conviction under the statute.

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.