Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Is it okay if i used my husband debit or visa card without

Is it okay if i used my husband debit or visa card without asking permission from him? Because he doesn't give me some money for my expenses. Im a Filipina wife married an American. What should i do? Because i know his visa card information and i want to use it. Is it okay?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

I am very sorry for your situation. No, it is not okay. What yo are describing is a criminal offense. Unfortunately, if you are in a situation where your husband is controlling and provides you with little money, you may divorce him, but aside from that, whatever you do needs to be legal. You cannot use money from a card only in his name, or an account only in his name.

If you are worried about your greencard dissolving after divorce if you have not been here two years yet, you can file the I-751 earlier, and still try to show that the marriage was indeed valid:

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please do not forget to click ACCEPT. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work – I receive no credit for my time with you unless you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you seek clarification or more information, I encourage you to use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to answer to your satisfaction – really – don’t be shy! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue the conversation. If you feel that I went an extra step to help you, a bonus in the form of another accept or an “add on” (available after you accept) is truly appreciated.