Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

My ex-husband has a hearing for a DUI today. He was admitted

My ex-husband has a hearing for a DUI today. He was admitted to the hospital around 4am this morning for attempted suiside. How can we keep him from getting a warrant?
If a warrant is issued,what do we do after he gets out of the hospital?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

I you can fax any type of documentation at all that your husband is in the hospital, then the court won't issue a warrant for failure to show. Certainly if your husband has an attorney, the attorney can make an appearance and notify the court of the fact that your husband is in the hospital. If not, and a warrant is issued, then your husband simply will need to turn himself in for the warrant as soon as he can and then he will have an opportunity to show the court his evidence that he could not be in court as scheduled and the court will not take any action against him for missing his initial hearing.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.