TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
45002201

I believe I have been the vicitm of "attempted" trafficking.

Customer Question

I believe I have been the vicitm of "attempted" trafficking. I live in a high crime area where I have been continually harassed, stalked, bombarded with sexually offensive comments and gestures. I've had to be placed under police protection, carry a gun to take out my trash, blocked in at traffic signals so that I could not move in any direction, had people parked outside my back door, waiting outside in the street for me to come outside, harassed at my place of employent, and now I am finding it impossible to get a job. I'm quite certain that the same people responsible for the harassment are also responsible fro the fact that I can't get employment. Yes, I have reported my case to the police and they have been very helpful. I have not been forced into prostitution but only due to the efforts of the police. I recently went to COVA-Colorado Organization for Victim's Assistance, to get some help with this issue. They handle trafficking complaints. I told her that my case was more based on race than profit motive. I'm white, everyone else in my neighborhood is some other ethnic group. I am positive that there are people out there attempting to traffic me. I once worked in the gentlemen's club industry (not as a prostitute, only a dancer). These same people still stalk me 20 years later and interfere with my life. COVA told me I couldn't prosecute it as a trafficking case because it's not necessarily motivated by profit but rather race. That's insane. Slavery is slavery no matter what the motive. Is there some loophole to still argue trafficking? What agency handles trafficking in Colorado?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 5 years ago.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

The Department of Justice is responsible for enforcing human trafficking laws. You can find the prosecution unit's information here:

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

In the state of Colorado, it is the Attorney General. The Attorney General's contact info can be found here: