JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

if someones grandmother has a medical issue and needs the person

Customer Question

if someones grandmother has a medical issue and needs the person that has had their bond revoked by the court is there any chance to get them out for that reason?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify:

1. What's the medical issue?

2. Why, specifically, is that person needed to be there?

3. Why is the person is jail on a revoked bond? What happened?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did you get my response?
No, I did not. Please try again. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The inmate needs to be out to help her grandmother with every day living. the grandmother cant walk very well and has no one else to take care of her. she has very extensive back problems, diabetes,and numerous other health issues. the inmate was found guilty of HMO, DUI, IMPLIED CONSENT AND POSSESSION OF SCHEDULE 4 DRUGS
Thank you. So, his bond was revoked after trial and he has not been sentenced yet, correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct
I see. The grandmother's personal circumstances are most unfortunate. The family or friends may want to contact local social service agencies to arrange for assistance for her.

The sad reality is, given the convictions, the judge is going to be more concerned about ensuring safety of the community and punishment. This person no longer enjoys the presumption of innocence. The person is now a convicted criminal -- and convicted of serious crimes; so serious, that the judge revoked bond (likely out of fear that the person would also be a flight risk).

I hate to give you news that you do not want to hear but, given the collective facts you've described, there is no legal basis for the judge to let the person out on bond. At sentencing, the person can ask the judge for a sentence of house arrest in addition to probation.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.