Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

my son is 19 years old usually a good kid, but now hes being

my son is 19 years old usually a good kid, but now he's being charged with residential burglary and conspericy, whatcan i do i just found out his arraignment is this afternoon, how can i help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The only way to really help him is to retain an attorney to defend him. He may or may not be appointed a public defender as he has made bond, and without knowing his income and the standards of the court, I cannot be sure, either. Regardless, it's always best to have an attorney working just for you and not someone appointed who is going to be overburdened with cases.

As for this afternoon, he just needs to plead "not guilty". A new court date will be provided and you can get a lawyer before then.

While we cannot recommend specific lawyers on the site (we cannot endorse attorneys), I can point you in the right direction to find counsel. I suggest you do a couple things. Contact the state bar's lawyer referral service. They can put you in touch with multiple referrals to discuss the case with. The other is to go to the website This is the site lawyers use when needing to find other lawyers to associate with on a case. They rate lawyers both by their peers and their clients. The best lawyers are going to be rated "AV".

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.