Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Person on parole. Received a DUI. In jail on KDOC hold in

Person on parole. Received a DUI. In jail on KDOC hold in the state of Kansas. Signed a parole violation. Parole officer said they recommend RAVAC. What is RAVAC and where would he serve the time? Will the DUI be put on hold until after he serves the PV?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

What the Parole Agent is recommending is a substance abuse rehab.

Samuel-II :

The DUI may still progress while serving the PV. It is up to the prosecutor to move now or have a detainer warrant until after the Rehab is complete.

Samuel-II :

The Offender should definitely be consulting with their local attorney or a public defender to discuss what is in their best interests as far as being prosecuted now or getting a continuance

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck