Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

DO I HAVE A CASE AGAINST THEM, TO TAKE AWAY THESE FINES.

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
What kind of fines and what happened? Please explain what is going on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE ORIGINAL $1,000 FINE WAS FOR DISRESPECT TO PEOPLE IN ATHURITY. THEN WHEN WE WENT UP TO FIGHT THE FINE , THERE RESPONSE WAS THAT HE WAS SPEEDING DOWN THE BLOCK, FIRST OF ALL THERE WAS NO ONE AT THE END OF THE BLOCK TO SEE HIM SPEEDING, IF HE WAS. THEY DIDN'T NOT ARRIVE UNTIL SEVERAL MINUTES LATER. SO HOW COULD THEY CHARGE HIM WITH SPEEDING 5 HOUSE AWAY.. THE MOST IT IS IA ABOUT 300 FT AWAY
If there was no radar to measure whether or not he was speeding, then you have a right to go to court and to trial to challenge these fines and have them removed. However, it would require an attorney to represent him on this matter to present his case and get the fines removed. They still have to prove he was actually speeding and they cannot do that without some type of radar device.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”