Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

Will Washington state extradite from Azizona on a misdemeanor

Customer Question

Will Washington state extradite from Azizona on a misdemeanor assault 4 as well as failure to pay fines?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 years ago.

Every case is determined on its own merits and states don't advertise what cases they will and won't absolutely extradite. However, it is highly unlikely that any state will extradite on a misdemeanor charge or the failure to pay fines, which would also usually be a misdemeanor. If this is a probation or parole violation, then that might be different.

The fact is that States are strapped for money these days and extradition is expensive, so that is why they just don't generally spend this kind of money on misdemeanor charges.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.