Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney

$200 dollars has supposedly gone missing from my former employer,

$200 dollars has supposedly gone missing from my former employer, i was a front desk clerk you handled the funds all the time, i was told by a detective this is a felony crime if it were true, no warrants have been issued for my arrest, i refused a lie detecter test so i wouldn't accidentally accuse myself, wouldn't a warrant already have been issued if they had any evidence of this crime?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. The answer is "not necessarily"; law enforcement will not prosecute unless they believe they can prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It may be mostly sure that you are guilty, but it could be that they are simply not at the point where they do not feel they can prove it yet. This does not mean that they do not have "any" evidence of the crime; just that they don't have enough evidence of the crime.

Incidentally, I recommend that you watch this video (follow link).

Let me know if further clarification is needed. Also, please feel free to ask me another question – if you’re a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment. Please bookmark my profile page here so you can come back and ask me a question anytime: Thank you.