How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26783
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a Notice To Appear On Warrant today 4pm November

Resolved Question:

I received a Notice To Appear On Warrant today 4pm November 30th. The letter is dated the 27th and the letter is post marked the 28th. When does the three day clock begin and will I be arrested if for example I was out of town and did not receive the letter until I got back home? also,If I do appear within the three days will I be arrested at the court house? If my three day clock has indeed run today will anyone come to my house to arrest me? What is standard procedure? What can I do to straighten this out? This warrant for my arrest, does it appear on public record?
The warrant is due to a failure to appear at a third party debtors exam. It is claimed that they have proof of service however, I was never served. "I am a public figure". Anyone can look me up on the internet and get a description of me. I believe the alleged process servers paper work may have been thrown over my gate and my assumption is that house keeper probably threw it away. Due to my failure to show up at the third party debtors EXAMINATION OF THIRD PARTY "again I was never personally served" They then issued a bench warrant which i never revived or was notified on on November 12th 2011 and today revived "Notice to appear on Warrant"!

Case # XXXXX W

Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

What State was this in?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Los Angeles, California
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
You need to get the warrant lifted. Now that you have notice of it, you should retain a criminal defense attorney to file a motion to lift it and base it upon the inability to properly serve you and putting you on notice that you needed to appear. The court would likely set the matter for hearing and you could appear to resolve this issue. The party my have have to properly serve you thereafter unless you agree to accept service. It is not likely that on the 3rd day they would appear at your home and take you into custody but if you are stopped, they certainly would.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions