Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I had a son with a man and left hi home, and an abusive relationship

I had a son with a man and left hi home, and an abusive relationship with my son. I currently have a CPO ex parte against him....I have information on him about illegal drug cultivation in his house that I found out about while living with him. He threatenede me about leaving from that day forwad..and I stayed with him thorugh the pregnancy. My lawyer sucks, and I know at the full hearing it will likely all come out.... I have recordings of him talking about criminal activity and death threats, as well as him talking about names of people...etcd. I told yhim the other day I will fight his shared parenting request of my son...with good reason. I told him I was going to the police because I know where the dirt is. ..He said please do...please do...I will be bonded the next day and you will die a slow and painful death. I know he is calculating and will try to turn this on me....am I better off alerting the sheriff now and outting everything, and if so, what are the legal risks for me.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

I am sorry you are in this relationship and enduring this situation.

Samuel-II :

So your hearing is going to be on the CPO to make it permanent?

Customer:

I ma not longer in the relationship but yes, it is to make it permanant..I am more worried about the dirt in his backyard!

Customer:

Its where he put the cultivation dirt...and I want to turn it in, but am afraid of the ramifications of me staying with him for a portion of the time he had them...........

Samuel-II :

Well, there would be no ramifications for you.

Samuel-II :

You can certainly turn him in to the sheriff. Tell them all you know.

Samuel-II :

You were there, but it does not mean you cannot give him up

Customer:

but if he has a child...she is 8...and I stayed there with him, can they give me any kind of abuse charges? Even though she was not there full time...and was not my child...

Samuel-II :

No. Not at all.

Samuel-II :

They will be thankful for your information.

Samuel-II :

They are not going to turn on you.

Samuel-II :

Heck, you have an ex parte against this man. You were fearful for your wellbeing

Samuel-II :

and had no where else to go, right? You are only now able

Customer:

Yes? So your opinion is do not wait for the hearing, go to the sheriff.........they havent been able to find him to serve his papers and he has friends...bad friends...he said he will send after me.....

Samuel-II :

to get on your feet, see the light and do what needs to be done

Samuel-II :

Well, that is something you need to consider

Samuel-II :

You dont want to jeopardize your life

Customer:

ok............yes! That is why I left......... so most of these men they only threaten......well I dont mind if they come after me...my son will be safe.

Customer:

no,,...but better my life than my sons...by sharing him with an abusive man like this.....

Customer:

you are confident I would be ok to go to the sheriff? I have about 30 tape recordings

Samuel-II :

Absolutely. You would not be charged with anything

Customer:

should I take a lawyer? or just go in and be honest

Samuel-II :

But you really need to consider your well being and safety

Samuel-II :

You could take a lawyer. That is up to you. You could bring the information to a local a lawyer and let him contact the sheriff for you

Samuel-II :

But either way, you are not going to be charged.

Samuel-II :

They don't want you. They want this guy

Customer:

ok.....good...and can they keep me confidential or I will have to testify....generally..?

Samuel-II :

That is a possibility

Samuel-II :

And that would be why you would want a local lawyer with you

Customer:

would it be better to go to sheriff? or prosecuter

Samuel-II :

so they can work that out before the information is turned ovre

Samuel-II :

Sheriff

Samuel-II :

It really is best to have a local lawyer hear what you have and make the contacts for you

Samuel-II :

if you want to remain a confidential source

Customer:

150 + plants, but all that is back there is the soil...can narcotics find it

Customer:

Ok...definately........ he will kno who did it, but all I care about is my son. this helps tremedously

Samuel-II :

What they will do, is try to locate what he is doing now

Samuel-II :

They will not really be interested in what had been

Samuel-II :

They will want to trap him now

Customer:

Well yes....I know the names of 3 people he has plants at...... thats why its frightening

Samuel-II :

I understand.

Customer:

and the names of 2 substantial dealers he worked with....but..he has already told therse people I know their names..so why not make the fear worthwhile.

Customer:

thank you so much this makes me feel much better

Samuel-II :

You're welcome. Be safe and good luck

Customer:

Thanks and many many thanks. :)

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck