Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

The city I live in is trying to criminally prosecute me for

Customer Question

The city I live in is trying to criminally prosecute me for not painting my house under the Mn state statute relating to the nuisance ordenance. They claim "I annoy a number of people" My house is in the state of remodel for several years. We have some rooms that we want to rearrange on the main floor which is going to change the placement of windows. So siding is the last thing that I will be dealing with.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer!

With regard to the law of nuisance, it takes more than mere annoyance to be liable. In most states, the requirement is that one person is substantially and unjustifiably interfering with another's use and enjoyment of their home. This general rule can be defined with more particularity and examples, by statute.

If you let me know what statute you are being accused of violating, I can review the matter more specifically.

Best of luck!

If you need more information, just let me know and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________________________________________

If I have answered your question, please remember to click “ACCEPT.”

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.

I leave Positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Positive feedback helps customers get quick responses to future questions.

If you would like to request my assistance for future questions, please begin the question with "FOR ATTORNEY 1".

____________________________________________________________________

This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.