Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

My girlfriend at the time sent me many nude pictures and videos

My girlfriend at the time sent me many nude pictures and videos of her when I was deployed to Afghanistan. When I cam home we broke up. She asked the courts for a protective order cause she thought that if I showed anyone it would hurt her business, she told the judge that I never yelled, or threatened her and I was the most kindest person she ever dated, she don't think I ever would ever do anything, but I know what he has done ( Afghanistan. She was gave a P.O. and then I was arrested for violating the P.O. because told another soldier I had all my pictures from Afghanistan. They did a probable cause to recover the pictures and video she gave me. The first two lines in the affidaivid she T. M. gave D.C. sexual explicit pictures and videos and she is worried it will hurt her business if I ever did show anyone...Can a search warrant be issued to return a gift ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jacustomer,

A search warrant can be issued when a judge finds probable cause to believe that criminal activity may be taking place and that evidence of that may be found at the address they wish to search.

Unless she told you to destroy the photos and you refused or unless you threatened at any point to publish the photos, I don't see the basis for either the initial order of protection or for its violation.

So you're saying that you have a protective order that you violated by simply not doing anything wrong? If so, small town justice sure is a misnomer. Is there a piece you left out here? And what's the present status of your case?