Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

In PA is 18 5503 A4 (lead) Disconduct somoething that stays

In PA is 18 5503 A4 (lead) Disconduct somoething that stays on a 21 year olds record or is this like a traffic ticket. Concerned it might show up in a background check on futue job search and have to decide if it is worth it to fight it....
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

It will show up on a background check. It is either a misdemeanor or a summary offense depending on how he was charged. A summary offense is just like a traffic citation, with a misdemeanor in this case being a little more serious, though not by much.

Usually Pennsylvania convictions are permanent. The only way this could ever be removed would be if he resolved his case under a Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) plea. If he just pleaded guilty to the charge, it cannot be expunged.

I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Doesn't the A4 tell us the severity of the charge. It is a fine of $288.50 and my son was at college and thru a paperwork screw up had a problem with schedule and missed his hearing so the court sent him a bill for $288.50. It was listed as a summary trial on the notice sent in the mail with the bill. So if it is a summary offense, and that means it is like a traffic ticket, does it still show up on background check?
Expert:  Nate replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it would still show up. It is equal in severity (meaning, possible punishment of jail time) to some traffic offenses, but it is a criminal offense, so it will show up on a background check.