Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

i was approached by a Sr. Investigator from Freddie Mac today

i was approached by a Sr. Investigator from Freddie Mac today and informed that I was one of a large party that committed fraud by presenting my former employer with fraudulent pay stubs, bank statements, VOD, VOE. I was informed that if i cooperated i would not be put on a black list with Freddie and could continue to originate loans. If the investigator felt that I was not cooperating than she could deem me an active participant of fraud and have me on a black list than causing any loans that i originate not eligible for purchase by Freddie Mac. I answered everything as truthfully as i remember. The loans in question where Originated where back in 2007. What Legal action should i take. she told me that i didnt need to take any however, i cannot take her word for it. She lied to my receptionist stating that we had an appointment and this was not true and she also lied to my HOA security stating that i was waiting for her. When i got home i found her card on my door and researched as to how she got in gated complex.
At this point yes, you need counsel. You should not speak to the investigator any more without an attorney present. Once you get an attorney they will contact the investigator and inform them you are represented by counsel and from that point forward the investigator can no longer speak to you and they have to go through your attorney or she will be in violation of your Fifth and Sixth Amendment Rights to counsel.

You do not know what information she has, but it is likely that if they have not taken any action against you that they are bluffing trying to get your to flip and confess to something.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”