CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

This summer I was charged with three felonies all dealing with

Customer Question

This summer I was charged with three felonies all dealing with synthetic marijuana in ND. I have been assigned a public defender.

Just this last Saturday, I was arrested for marijuana and incurred two misdemeanors. (gram of weed and a pipe)

What is the best way to handle this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

First, you need to be aware that the bond on your 3 felonies could be revoked as a result of having an open case and picking up a new charge before it is resolved. Moreover, there needs to be a legal reason for the State to reduce the charges from felonies to misdemeanors. If you have a legal defense and/or they have a weak case, they may be more willing to work with you. Your PD needs to look over the facts and see if you have any defenses to raise. Not only that, but your new attorney for the other case, needs to do that as well. This might be a situation where you have to resolve the first case, to avoid sitting in jail until it is resolved, as a result of the bond being revoked.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was already aware of the bond revoking issue, I should have clarified that! I'm sorry. You're answer is excellent, but not new information for me. Thank you so much for your time sir.