RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I had an appearance bond in Arapahoe county Colorado and then

I had an appearance bond in Arapahoe county Colorado and then received a setting slip for appearing on my agreed upon a date, the set slip now has my new court date can I leave the state as long as I am back for the new court date? How will the court know if I do leave am I in some sort of database that would get me arrested if I fly?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information.

As long as there are no restrictions imposed by the court or by your bond on your leaving the state or country, you may fly. There is no database kept that will prevent you from flying, so you won't get arrested at the airport, and there won't be any trouble as long as you show up to your next court appearance as required.

*****************************************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR" SERVICE. As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code and pay me as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on my bond it states additional conditions and one them states that you cannot leave the state however under that paragraph there is a line for intitials which was told -not- to initial
Okay, so then it sounds like you can leave -they did not initial the paragraph concerning the restriction on leaving the state, meaning it is not applicable to you.
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience: Experienced in multiple areas of the law.