Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I filed a protective order against my ex. Hes appealing. Can

I filed a protective order against my ex. He's appealing. Can he sue me for money or just to get the order reversed? What happens if I dont show up in court?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

He can oppose the Order. If you do not appear at the hearing, the court will dismiss the action.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Customer:

He can sue me for money over this. It's just simply opposing the order.

Customer:

The judge can't say she needs to go for conseling or any of that...It simply gets dismissd and is done with.

Customer:

Would that be correct?

Samuel-II :

Yes. That is correct.

Samuel-II :

This hearing is for him to show cause why

Samuel-II :

the Temporary Order should not be made permanent

Samuel-II :

And if you do not appear, then that would be one more reason why it should not be made permanent

Samuel-II :

He can simply say, she is not here, request a dismissal

Customer:

Okay. so the most that could happen if I dont appear is the order gets dismissed. I would not be ordered into counseling, have to pay money or any of that.

Samuel-II :

Correct.

Customer:

Thank you for your time sir.

Samuel-II :

The only thing is, if you do not appear you may have difficulty getting another Temp Order in the future.

Samuel-II :

You're welcome.

Samuel-II :